This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 6
For a long time, I looked for a spiritual mentor, but no matter where I looked, I didn’t find that perfect person. The Universe had other plans for me. It sent me children. Four beautiful sensitive, divine children; all completely different from each other. Each with their own bland of genius. And this – motherhood – was what made me grow spiritually. Not my yoga teacher, not my meditation teacher, not my reiki master. No. My children.
Recently, I have been looking for mentors that can help me shine my light as bright as I can. It’s not an easy thing for me because shining my light has caused me all sorts of problems. I was always too much for people. Including in my relationships. I constantly had to lower my light to be accepted, otherwise I would threaten people. It was hard to fit in.
This year, however, has had me come in contact with a bunch of amazing female entrepreneurs that have inspired me to be unafraid of being me. I am going to write about each of them individually. They are my mentors. My inspiration. People who make me feel I can do it. So let’s get started.
- Natasha Corbin, the founder of the Ladyposse and the amazing Heart-Centered Soul-Driven entrepreneurs group on Facebook. I had never rubbed shoulders with a business coach before and to be frank, they put me off. First, I had no idea what a coach was. To me it was a fuzzy as can get. A coach? What does a coach do? I just didn’t get it. However. Natasha’ enthusiasm melted all my barriers away. I started following her and I learnt so much about business with her that I finally managed to think like an entrepreneur. Up to then, back in March 2016, I had a host of ideas but none of them really took off the ground because I didn’t know how. I had too much too ofter and no strategy. But that’s not the only reason I love Auntie Tash. She is a bright light and more spiritual than most people I know who call themselves spiritual. She loves to help. She loves to inspire. She is fun and doesn’t take herself seriously. You have guessed, I have a girl crush on her.
- Aesha Kennedy of the Brilliant Misfit group and podcast. At first, it was the name of her group that really excited me. I have been a misfit all my life. It took me so long to find my tribe. I now have the most amazing tribe of close friends but I was yet to find a bigger tribe of like minded spirit. I never found that in the mind body spirit world. I found it with Aesha. She honours misfits in ways that is truly beautiful. She gives them a voice and listens to their stories with love and awe. It is humbling to see the beauty of this woman and her soul. I have just done an interview of her that will go live on her podcast on the 26th October and although I don’t want to listen to my own voice, I cannot wait for it to go live. It is the first podcast where I talk about my book and this is beyond exciting. I am all fired up.
- Denise Duffield-Thomas is another mentor in my world. I have not had any direct interaction with her but her work is so inspiring, I feel blessed to have found her. I have her book which I savour slowly. Thanks to it, I have managed to clear so much rubbish around money and I know she has been instrumental and will continue to be on my journey to abundance and prosperity. If you haven’t bought her book yet, Lucky Bitch is worth a read. And I love the manifesting formula she shares on her website. She has helped me crack the nut of the blocks I had around abundance and money. I like that she is fun, practical and doesn’t call herself spiritual.
- Natalie Sisson, whose podcast got me excited. It was Tash who mentioned it when I talked about crowdfunding my book. She shared with me the episode on Natalie’s podcast that talked about that and one thing led me to another and here I am today, doing her ten day to freedom plan. I realised when reading about Natalie’s work that I had my own freedom plan going. It had started with me home educating my younger two kids to lead the life I WANTED to lead. And that involves writing for money. Earning a living as a writer and inspiring others through my books. I also want to travel with the children so her suitcase entrepreneur model excites me.
- Last but not least, Karen Gunton, of the lighthouserevolution. I heard about Karen through Tash again and her light house project got me so excited I think I must have written ten comments on the post that she or Tash did the day I found out about her. I had been telling my clients to imagine themselves as a lighthouse for years. My spiritual symbol is a spiral that shines like a sun. Every word she used, every metaphor, clicked with me at such a deep level it felt like I had found a soul sister. I am again savouring her book. And her book launch and crowdfunding campaign actually inspired me to think that I could do it too.
They say that you become the sum of the five people you spend the most time with and I want to say that as I spend time with these five fabulous women, through Facebook or by reading their book, I feel I am stepping into my own power and my own destiny. One day, I would love to have them in one room and get to chat to all of them over tea. Oh that would make my day. The energy in the room would be amazing. What a powerhouse it would be.
So the one question I would ask all of them would be: would you like to come to my party? My launch party? I would feel so honoured. It will be fun. There will be lots of games. And we will smash the taboo of death.
Well, a girl can dream, right?
A medium once said to me “You think you are a dreamer, do you?’ I said “Yes” as so many people had told me I was over the years. She said “No, you are not a dreamer.” I looked at her, bemused. She added “You are a visionary. Your dreams will come true”. Wow. That was ten years ago, and frankly, as much as her words sounded wonderful, I didn’t have much faith in them. But today, thanks to my wonderful mentoring team, I actually have a seed in me that says: keep growing. Keep growing. One step at a time. Your dream will come true.
My dream today is to birth my memoirs My Father Who Art in Heaven into the world with a bang. And who knows, it might even come true.
I would love for you to join my launch party group on Facebook. Please click here to join. I will be holding competitions, challenges and generally sharing about the campaign so if you want to be sure not to miss out. Join the party.
(c) Ange de Lumiere 2016